The Health and Housing Link
It is encouraging to note that the housing and health link is being increasingly highlighted both at a local and national level.
We couldn’t help but share this insightful guest blog post that Sue Adams from Care & Repair England recently produced for NHS England. It absolutely hits the spot in terms of the importance of housing in the ongoing health and social care debate.
At Preston Care and Repair, our services are focused on ensuring that a person’s home is safe, warm, secure and supports independent living. Our services are always tailored to meet individual needs and include:
- Handyperson and Minor Works Service
- Integrated Home Improvement Service (commissioned by Lancashire County Council)
- Health Home Assessment
- Housing Options information and advice – including the Silverlinks project
- Home Adaptations & Repairs Service
- Technical Advice & Information
- Home from Hospital Support
- Living Well with Dementia
If you would like to know more about our services and support, please contact us.
Sue Adams is the Chief Executive of Care & Repair England.
Care & Repair England is a national charity established in 1986 to improve the housing and living conditions of older and disabled people. Sue has contributed to successive governments’ policies concerning housing and ageing. She currently chairs the national Housing & Ageing Alliance & the Home Adaptations Consortium and has served on DCLG’s Housing Sounding Board, DWP’s Age Action Alliance and DH’s Ministerial working party on the future of Adult Social Care. She is a fellow of the World Demographic Association and has written extensively about housing and older people. She was awarded the Foundations Lifetime Achievement Award in 2009 and an OBE for services to older people’s housing in 2010.
Share This Post
Contact UsFor general enquiries, you can contact us with the details below.
- Preston Care and Repair, Suite 4, Hamilton House, Leyland Business Park, Centurion Way, Leyland, PR25 3GR
- 01772 204096
- Monday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Tuesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Friday 8:30am - 4pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed