Lancashire County Council Budget Consultation – Integrated Home Improvement Services
We would like your support regarding the proposed cease to the funding to the Home Improvement Services in Lancashire of which Preston Care & Repair is one of the effected organisations.
Lancashire County Council, like many councils across the country, is going through financially challenging times. This is as a result of funding not keeping pace with the increasing demand and cost of services being delivered. They need to continue to look at ways of reducing costs to help balance the books for future years. This means that they have considered changes to some of the services we currently provide, as they do not have the resources to continue to deliver what we have done in the past. These changes were considered by county councillors and they are now looking to consult on what impact the proposals may have. We really welcome your views.
3 December 2018 – Cabinet agreed to consult on proposals
18 February to 15 April 2019 – consultation with the people we support, providers and partners
13 June 2019 – intended date of reporting the consultation outcomes to Cabinet
End of December 2019 – propose to cease funding Home Improvement Services
The services that may be at risk if this funding stops are:
- Subsidised handyperson service for over 18s with a long term health condition – typically used for small jobs/repairs that take less than two hours
- Home visit to assess and advise what jobs/repairs are needed
- Help to organise/oversee home repairs, maintenance, adaptations or security measures such as drawing up plans, organising quotes
- Advice about what housing is available to meet an individual’s needs
- Advice about what financial support is available
- Advice and information about other organisations that can help
We would be grateful for your support, if you would comment on the proposal you can do this via the online survey http://www3.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/consultation/responses/response.asp?ID=364
You can also request a questionnaire from Lancashire County Council on 01772 531712. If you would like further information or supporting in being able to provide your feedback then please contact us