Preston Care & Repair supports elderly and vulnerable people in the Chorley, Preston, South Ribble and West Lancashire areas, in conjunction with Lancashire County Council.
The service support volunteer will assist the office team with any administrative duties, attend events to promote our services, visit hospital wards to discuss our services with patients, families and staff. The role helps to extend the resources at Preston Care & Repair enabling us to better assist and direct the needs of our clients.
Description of tasks
• Answering the phone and addressing the needs of the public
• Dealing with enquiries that come via email or post.
• Writing letters to supporters for their donations.
• Help to organise and promote events.
• Help at events.
• Visit local hospital wards to discuss our services with patients, families and staff.
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of Preston Care & Repairs volunteers, partners and donors.
• Minimum 3 hours per week.
This is a volunteering opportunity that provides variety and flexibility for an ongoing commitment.
Task locations: Preston Care & Repair Office
• Excellent telephone manner and people skills.
• Fully computer literate and comfortable with the main Microsoft Office tools database and emails.
• Friendly and reliable.
• Comfortable volunteering within a group.
• Good communication skills.
• Being able to use your own initiative but be able to ask for help when you need.
• Must be prepared to undergo Disclosure Barring Service check.
Training and Support
• Induction to organisation
• Full training on all aspects of the role
• Regular updates on organisational activities
• Support, advice and guidance from the volunteer coordinator
This is a rewarding volunteering role supporting elderly and vulnerable adults stay safe, secure, warm and independent in their own homes. You will benefit from ongoing support, the payment of all out-of-pocket expenses such as transport costs, the opportunity to develop existing skills and gain experience volunteering for a charity, the chance to work as part of a team, and the satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of Preston Care & Repair