Preston Care & Repair supports elderly and vulnerable people in the Chorley, Preston, South Ribble and West Lancashire areas, in conjunction with Lancashire County Council. One aspect of that support is to provide a Handyperson and Minor Adaptation service for elderly and vulnerable people in these areas.
The work placement handyperson volunteer role will assist the healthy home technicians to deliver a customer-focused service to older, disabled and vulnerable people to help them stay safe, secure, warm and independent in their own homes.
• Assist the healthy home technicians to install equipment/repairs/adaptations
• Assist the healthy home technicians to deliver a wide range of ‘DIY’-type tasks in the homes of older, disabled and vulnerable people. For Example: Fit curtain rails, replace lightbulbs, assemble small flat-pack furniture, replace tap washers etc.
This is a volunteering opportunity that provides variety and flexibility for an ongoing commitment.
Task locations: Clients homes in various locations as mentioned above.
• Basic DIY skills
• Basic health and safety awareness
• Friendly and reliable
• Fit and active
• Able to work as part of a team
• Must be prepared to undergo Disclosure Barring Service check
• Ability to get to our head office in Leyland
• Minimum commitment of 1 day a week (Opening hours Mon-Thu 8.30am-4.30pm Fri 8.30am-4.00pm)
This is a rewarding volunteering role supporting vulnerable adults who are unable to carry out home maintenance tasks. You will benefit from ongoing support, the payment of all out-of-pocket expenses such as transport costs, Preston Care & Repair training, the opportunity to undertake other appropriate training and the chance to work as part of a team.